At Reva, we understand that your hair needs are unique. That is why we offer options to suit your individual needs. Our minimally invasive solutions strictly follow the international standards of hair transplant and offer the patients permanent results with no linear scar after the procedure.
1. Who can benefit from hair restoration surgery?
Anyone who has experienced permanent hair loss may be a candidate for hair restoration surgery, including:
• people suffering from patterned baldness
• men or women who want to restore or change the shape of their hairline
• people with areas of scarring from injuries or “scarring” skin diseases
• patients who experienced some hair loss after a surgery, such as face lift procedures
• people who want to thicken or restore eyebrows, eyelashes, beards, pubic hair
2. What happens during a hair transplant procedure?
Hair transplantation is a minor out-patient surgery that requires 4–8 hours and is usually performed under local anesthesia. No dietary restrictions are required.
a. We use FUE technique which involves direct removal of individual follicular units (each contains 1-4 hairs) with the help of specialized equipment. As no cutting and suturing is required in this method the cosmetic results are excellent in the donor area with NO visible scarring
b. These small grafts are then meticulously planted into the bald or thinning area of the scalp (recipient area) maintaining same angle as the other hairs present
3. What happens after hair transplant surgery?
a. Within 24 hours small crusts will form on each graft which would shed in approximately 2-3 weeks. The grafted hair usually starts to grow by 2-4 months and full results are achieved in 1 year after the procedure
b. A minority of patients may experience mild swelling in the forehead area for a few days following surgery which goes away in 3–4 days
c. Patients may be asked to use moist compresses or sprays, and to sleep in a semi-upright position for 2–3 days following the procedure to minimize swelling
4. When should I start treatment?
a. We recommend beginning medical treatment/PRP for significant hair loss as soon as the problem has been identified
b. Hair transplants can be used to fill in the front hairline and thicken the front half of the scalp, and medical treatment/PRP can be used to maintain hair behind the transplant
5. How many sessions of Hair Restoration are required?
Normally, if you opt for Platelet Rich Plasma treatment, 3 to 5 sessions are required depending on the degree of baldness which is repeated in an interval of 6weeks, 10 weeks and 6 months and so on.